Sunday 17 December 2017

Starting the project


In 2017 I bought a DIY bamboo bike kit from www.bamboobicycleclub.org - this blog tells how it went and offers tips on avoiding my mistakes. As you can probably tell from the picture, I am really pleased with the results; I'm now even thinking building a different kind of bike myself (although that may be my 2018 project).

This was my first bike build and I felt it was quite an ambitious project for me. My DIY skills were pretty basic; I don't have a workshop, garage or shed; and my bike maintenance skills were rudimentary. Before I started, I'd had never even changed a bike chain myself; improving my mechanical skills was one of the main reasons I started the project.

Hopefully anyone else making the journey can learn from my mis-steps (and be encouraged to start a similar project - it really wasn't that hard).

No comments:

Post a Comment